Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Physician's Oath


At the time of being admitted as a member of the medical profession:

  • I solemnly pledge myself to consecrate my life to the service of humanity;
  • I will give to my teachers the respect and gratitude which is their due;
  • I will practise my profession with conscience and dignity; the health of my patient will be my first consideration;
  • I will maintain by all the means in my power, the honour and the noble traditions of the medical profession; my colleagues will be my brothers;
  • I will not permit considerations of religion, nationality, race, party politics or social standing to intervene between my duty and my patient;
  • I will maintain the utmost respect for human life from the time of conception, even under threat, I will not use my medical knowledge contrary to the laws of humanity;
  • I make these promises solemnly, freely and upon my honour.


feel so touched when i read this at the first time

got a lecture from prof Har last week,
and it was really inspiring,

lots of things happened in this posting,
from 'semangat berkobar-kobar' at the beginning,
until now,
log books, labour room oncalls, ward-rounds covering beds,
all these had make me tired, grumpy and whining all the time....
bermuka masam everyday,
精打细算,斤斤计较。。
真的太累了,累得忘记了我初衷。。。
回头看,我已渐渐的偏离了我最初的意愿,

" to become a doctor, you have to serve, not to be served by the others...."
...prof har

well said prof, thanks for reminding us that...

无论遇到什么,都不要忘了,
为什么当初会选择这条路的原因。。。

〈〈欢喜承受,欢喜成长〉〉


4 comments:

  1. drop by here by saying,
    miss u so much...
    hope to mit up wif u soon...~
    Gambateh n take carez... ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. love yea so much aso,
    u take care aso yea..^^
    muacx!!^@^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, looks like you're happy with your path chosen ;) Very Malaysian post, 3 languages, hahaha! Gambatte yo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES, always remember the reason why you've chosen the path, although the route could be so tortuous...you will make it to the destination one day. Hang in there, life is all about the passion you have for it, every obstacles make you stronger :)

    ReplyDelete